Since its inception, the goal of Fundación Telefónica has been to help build a brighter future in regions where the Telefónica Group operates, while fomenting economic, social and cultural development in these areas through quality education. To do so, Telefónica relies on its strengths: its extensive database of clients and employees, its wide-ranging territorial presence and its technological capacity.
- To promote high quality infant, primary and secondary education through the application of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in school settings.
- To help eradicate child labor in several Latin American countries, facilitating social integration of children and adolescents through quality schooling.
- To promote social involvement among Telefónica Group employees, through their participation in volunteer programs.
- To increase access to the knowledge society for as many people as possible, especially those who may be left out of these processes.
- To manage, share and promote Telefónica’s artistic, cultural and technological heritage. Fundación Telefónica also promotes modern and contemporary art, as well as the artistic applications of information and communications technologies.
- In order to properly adapt its activities and respond effectively to social needs, Fundación Telefónica makes a continuous effort to promote dialogue with public administrations and social institutions.
- Fundación Telefónica is committed to offering projects and initiatives of general interest that are relevant to people, projects which have the capacity to reach all areas of the various countries and ultimately become strongly rooted in these territories.
- These well-defined projects are carried out directly or in cooperation with non-profit educational, social and cultural organizations in each country. Such organizations have recognized reputations and proven track records in carrying out projects and turning them into reality.
- All aspects of management focus on quality.
- Fundación Telefónica’s programs interact with each other, looking for synergies and common objectives in their areas of operation. This, in turn increases their social visibility and the possibility of undertaking large-scale multi-disciplinary projects to truly impact social welfare and quality of life.
- In this regard, it is important to note that many of the foundation’s programs rely on the important volunteer work of Telefónica employees. One of our goals is to increase this employee commitment to active volunteerism.