Fundación Telefónica encourages dialogue between art, technology and creation, supporting technological innovation in art and new media. In particular, it promotes projects of this nature produced in Latin America.
El programa Art and Technology en 2008
- 4.748.375 people have enjoyed numerous activities provided by Fundación Telefónica in four of the eight countries in which it operates: Argentina, Chile, Spain, and Peru.
- More than 188.100 people took part in the numerous initiatives at the foundation’s four cultural exhibit spaces in the cities of Buenos Aires, Lima, Madrid and Santiago, Chile.
- Altogether, 563.607 people visited the 31 art exhibits organized by Fundación Telefónica, including the temporary exhibits, travelling events and exhibits produced in parallel with other cultural institutions.
- 10,685 people visited the works of the winners of the VIDA 10.0 Contest held in 2007, under the auspices of ARCO 08. The contest was held for the eleventh time last year and has become a global point of reference in electronic art.
- 4.104.541 Internet users visited the foundation’s pages and portals dedicated to the spheres of art and culture.
- 6,2 million Euros were invested in the program.
Dialogue between Contemporary Art, Technology and Creation
For some years now, Fundación Telefónica has been committed to the idea that the interaction between contemporary art, new technologies and creation should be one of its lines of action, both internally and externally, through the organizations affiliated by collaboration agreements.
The Art & Technology program has become a place of meeting and dialogue between these disciplines. Fundación Telefónica understands that encouraging the crossover between various types of artistic, technical and scientific expression, will allow it to bring about the spread of new technological tools, while also contributing to social development in countries where it operates. The result can be an up-to-date and emergent cultural and educational vision in these countries, one based on creativity, knowledge and innovation.
For this reason, every year the Foundation runs an ambitious program of high quality international artistic and cultural activities.