| ||A skin stimuli generator |
This small autonomous robot walks on the human body to generate a pleasing tickling sensation. Tickle is equipped with four sensors to be able to detect it's inclination relative to a horizontal plane. Left and right track motors enable it to steer left/right and reverse direction. When it encounters a slope that is too steep, it will steer until a safe level is found, and it will continue it's way. This behaviour is implemented using a hardware finite state machine.
Parts and material
- polished aluminium cover, aluminium chassis
- power on/off switch, connector for accu charger
- delrin wheels and bearing parts
- hybrid printed circuit board
- tilt sensors
- two high-torque 5V minimotors
- silicone rubber caterpillar tracks
- rechargeable batteries
weight: 165 g.
speed: 1.2 cm./sec
runs for 1.5 hours after recharging